Top 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Chiropractic
Wave bye-bye to the days when chiropractic was seen as a last resort. Today, chiropractic is designed to treat and prevent pain, and can have amazing results. (Just ask Michael Phelps!)
Here are 5 facts about chiropractic that will have you booking appointments in no time!
- It’s Not Just for Pain. Chiropractic is often associated with back pain, but it’s also one of the most effective methods of prevention. Because of this, many athletes – including Olympians – who are in pristine physical shape choose chiropractic to stay in pristine physical shape.
- It’s Painless, according to many patients. While chiropractic can have different effects on different patients, most agree that the “painful spine cracking” is just a myth. Modern chiropractic treatments are gentle and quick. And remember: your chiropractor will never perform risky procedures. Ever.
- It Only Takes a Few Visits. If you have back pain, chiropractic can help – and it won’t take a year of treatment. Chiropractors often report that for pain to subside, it usually takes an initial visit and one or two follow-ups, and that’s it. The rest – like annual check-ups or maintenance – are completely up to the patient.
- It Can Help with ADHD. Because the brain and spine are complexly connected, many studies have found that chiropractic can reduce neurological symptoms associated with ADHD. This is especially good news for ADHD patients who heavily rely on medications.
- …And Headaches! Chiropractic is growing in popularity for patients with neurologic symptoms, not only because of the spine’s relation to the brain, but also because tension relief can have enormous and psychologically calming effects. So the next time you’re wigging out, consider calling a chiropractor!
For more information about the doctors at Healthpointe who can help you live your healthiest life, call 888-719-8448 or contact any of the Healthpointe clinics, such as the Anaheim clinic near Fullerton, Placentia, Villa Park, Buena Park, Cypress, Cerritos, and Garden Grove.
Healthpointe is a leading multidisciplinary healthcare organization offering a full range of medical services in practice locations throughout Southern California (Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Bernardino County, and Riverside County) including La Mirada by Whittier, La Habra, Norwalk, Cerritos, Buena Park, and Santa Fe Springs. We care for private patients, injured workers, urgent care, personal injuries, and professional and non-professional athletes. Leading our organization is a dynamic team of healthcare professionals who continually strive to be at the forefront of medical innovation and healthcare service delivery. For more information, a complete list of services, and Healthpointe locations, visit Healthpointe.net.