Acupuncture at Healthpointe
Acupuncture is a form of alternative medicine that utilizes needle therapy to help reduce pain and inflammation. At Healthpointe, acupuncture is used to effectively treat chronic pain and give patients relief lasting from months to years after a complete course of treatment.
During acupuncture therapy, thin needles are inserted into specific points throughout the body in order to stimulate neuro-vascular nodes known as “acupoints.” By activating these points, acupuncture treatment can help to:
- Reduce Pain
- Reduce Inflammation and Swelling
- Increase Blood Flow
- Reduce Muscle Cramps and Spasms
- Promote Relaxation and Reduce Anxiety
- Decrease the Side Effect of Medication-Induced Nausea
Needle placement is based on the distribution of nerves, blood vessels, arteries, the lymphatic system, and muscles specific to pathology and injury. Proper needle placement and stimulation controls pain and promotes healing, which leads to better function. Many injuries respond well with minimal intervention.
Needle Therapy works primarily because of its interaction with spinal impulse and pain processing, which controls both the conscious perception of pain and the unconscious perception of movement and position of the body or limb as a response to stimuli.
Acupuncture is often an ideal way to treat acute and chronic pain because it alters the body’s neurochemistry in a non-invasive manner without medications. Flare-ups can be successfully treated with a short course of additional treatments.
Acupuncture in Orange County, San Bernardino County, Riverside County and Los Angeles County:
- Acupuncture in and near Anaheim
- Acupuncture in and near Colton
- Acupuncture in and near Corona
- Acupuncture in and near Garden Grove
- Acupuncture in and near Irwindale
- Acupuncture in and near La Mirada
- Acupuncture in and near Long Beach
- Acupuncture in and near Los Angeles
- Acupuncture in and near Ontario
- Acupuncture in and near Perris
- Acupuncture in and near Temecula
Contact Healthpointe Today!
Healthpointe offers comprehensive evaluations and treatments for all your acupuncture and related needs. To talk to one of our doctors, please schedule an appointment today!